25 Jul Delta Adds Two New Routes to Boston
Beginning October, 2017, Delta’s expansion will look like 103 peak-day departures.
Travelers in Boston will be able to take advantage of non-stop service to Pittsburgh and New Orleans making this 10 new routes originating in Boston that Delta has announced in 2017:
- Tampa twice daily on Airbus A319 aircraft as of February
- Dublin, Ireland, daily on Boeing 757-200 aircraft as of May
- San Francisco twice daily on Boeing 757-200 aircraft as of June
- Buffalo, N.Y., three times daily on Bombardier CRJ-200 aircraft (operated by Endeavor Air, Inc.) as of August
- Austin, Texas, daily on Airbus A319 aircraft as of September
- Kansas City daily on Bombardier CRJ-900 aircraft (operated by Endeavor Air, Inc.) as of September
- Jacksonville, Fla., daily on Embraer E170 aircraft (operated by Republic Airline) as of September
- Norfolk, Va., daily on Bombardier CRJ-700 aircraft (operated by ExpressJet Airlines, Inc) as of September
“Delta is committed to becoming Boston’s global carrier of choice, and we continue to invest in Boston with our new Pittsburgh and New Orleans service for business and leisure customers,” said Joe Esposito, Delta’s Vice President — Network Planning, Americas.
The new service comes amid heightened competition at Boston’s Logan International Airport, where JetBlue has grown in recent years to become the top carrier. Delta also is seeking to expand its presence in Boston, where it is the No. 3 airline behind JetBlue and American. A news release from the Allegheny County Airport Authority, which manages Pittsburgh’s airport, said the flights “are timed for the convenience of business travelers in both cities” and that Boston is a “top destination” from Pittsburgh.
On Dec. 21, Delta will also expand weekend West Palm Beach, Fla., and Fort Myers, Fla., flights to daily, as well as increase weekend Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., flights to twice daily. Delta will also continue to support strong holiday travel demand with expanded nonstop service to popular Caribbean destinations including Montego Bay, Jamaica; Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; and Nassau, Bahamas; beginning Dec. 21.